Hampel is always seeking resourceful, innovative and motivated individuals.
If you love the excitement of a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environment and you have an optimistic “can-do” attitude, apply today! Hampel has a great work environment, great pay and great benefits all in a friendly, team-oriented, professional atmosphere. Hampel’s proprietary brand, Calf-Tel- the global leader in calf housing, also offers a rewarding work environment in the ever-growing dairy industry. If you enjoy building and maintaining relationships and providing input for future product development we’d like to talk to you.
Hampel’s compensation packages include competitive salaries, health & dental benefits, profit sharing and 401k.
Machine Operators – All Shifts
Up to a $1,250 Hiring Bonus
We’re looking for people who thrive in a team environment. We’re looking for people who can see the bigger picture. We’re looking for people who are ambitious and look to succeed in a career versus just another job.
We are Hampel. Our purpose is to build a great company with great people, great partnerships and great results.
The BIG PICTURE is we deliver products and solutions that make a difference in people’s lives through practical innovation, extraordinary service and proven reliability. When we do this WE TAKE SHAPE.
We are a family of hard working, like- minded people who are always looking to improve—in everything we do.
If this sounds like you—we want you on our team. We know that you’ll thrive here.
As a machine operator, WE WILL TRAIN YOU to work with the latest in thermoforming innovation and high technology. In fact, Hampel is home to the first 9 axis robotic trimmer in North America! You will be responsible for the efficient operations of thermoforming and/or automated trimming equipment in order to produce high quality components in the most efficient manner, meeting safety, quality and delivery expectations. Qualified candidates must be of good character, quality conscious, mechanically inclined, detail oriented, self-starters that are able to work in a fast paced production environment.
Distribution Team Lead - 1st Shift
Responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities, including overall warehouse organization, shipping finished goods utilizing FIFO systems, receiving functions utilizing FIFO systems and maintaining inventory and associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned as needed.)
- Assist in the development and sustaining of best-in-class warehouse processes and procedures to enhance overall warehouse organization and distribution effectiveness, including increased inventory velocity, organization of finished goods stores, efficient inventory location, pack out and retrieval.
- Assist in the development and sustaining of best-in-class logistic strategies, processes and procedures to optimize and streamline the Hampel shipping function. Specific consideration to be given to inbound and outbound carrier analysis, load analysis and timely and efficient load management and communication.
- Manage the efficient and timely assembly of component parts to kits and fully assembled products. Efficiently and effectively manage the amalgamation, kitting, picking and packing of all warehoused inventory items.
- Manage, augment and enhance the Mobile Data Collection systems utilized to track and locate inventory, including development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to improve on installed systems.
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse, receiving and shipping tasks, including:
- Assigning work to accurately fill and ship customer orders in specified time frame
- Satisfying internal shipping requirements (technical service, vendors, etc.)
- Ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation,
- Filing work orders from production
- Picking and staging of service orders
- Assisting in loading trucks as needed
- Ensure inventory transactions are recorded and participates in cycle count activities.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean practices.
- Confer with other team leads to coordinate activities of individual departments providing best in class service to internal and external customers.
- Interpret company policies and enforce safety regulations, as well as demonstrate high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior to workers.
- Establish, maintain, and promote high standard of customer service.
- Liaison between drivers, customers, sales and warehouse personnel.
- Train and monitor staff in work procedures to ensure high standards of service are met.
- Lead, motivate, coach, develop and empower the team.
- Team member performance evaluation, development, career planning and wage plan administration.
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork (i.e. data collection, time approvals, attendance, PTO requests).
- Ensure health and safety is practiced by everyone. Ensure 5S procedures are being followed and sustained.
- Embrace change and is a change agent as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as employee handbook and procedure manuals. Ability to write detailed procedures, routine correspondences and project reports.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, volume, proportions and apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Basic computer skills including but not limited to, word processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of UPS and FEDEX shipping software.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Group Life/AD&D, Group STD/LTD, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Profit Share, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday’s
“Take Shape” is our company mantra. It means we believe in the “Power of Possible.” We jump in and tackle challenges head-on and help our customers achieve the impossible.
TO FIND OUT MORE—APPLY TODAY and watch your career TAKE SHAPE!
Hampel offers a clean workplace, competitive pay, steady year-round work with overtime opportunities, complete benefit package, a 401k plan with match and a profit sharing plan.
Download and complete the Application form and send to email@example.com, or complete an application in person between 8 am and 4 pm.
Hampel and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.